View a list of neighborhoods that are or have been active members of the Greensboro Neighborhood Congress (GNC).
City of Greensboro Resources:
- City of Greensboro City Council persons easily can be e-mailed from one City web page.
- City of Greensboro Home Page (or simply call 336-373-CITY)
- City of Greensboro Participatory Budgeting Project
- City of Greensboro Neighborhood Information Center of the Greensboro Public Library
- City of Greensboro “Connections 2025” Comprehensive Plan for Greensboro’s future growth & development
- City of Greensboro Department of Transportation (roads, traffic)
- City of Greensboro Public Transportation (city bus, SCAT bus, University “Heat” bus)
- City of Greensboro Planning Department (planning, development, historic preservation, and zoning)
- City of Greensboro Neighborhood Development Department (oversees enforcement of minimum housing standards and other code compliance issues such as nuisance abatement and zoning)
- City of Greensboro Code Compliance Database Tracking
- City of Greensboro Field Operations (streets, sidewalks, water quality, air quality, recycling, trash pickup, etc.)
- City of Greensboro Fair Housing (investigates housing discrimination complaints)
- City of Greensboro Local Ordinance Enforcement (abandoned autos, lot clean-up, housing inspections)
- City of Greensboro Zoning (determining and enforcing how properties can be used)
- City of Greensboro Police Department (Dial 911 for emergency or 373-2222 for non-emergency situations. Both are answered by the same office 24/7/365.)
- City of Greensboro Police Department Community Watch
- City of Greensboro Police Department list of each neighborhood’s Community Resource Officers (CROs)
- City of Greensboro National Night Out Against Crime
Other Local and Regional Resources
- Guilford County County Commissioners easily can be e-mailed by copying their e-mails below and pasting any or all of them into an e-mail.
- Building Stronger Neighborhoods (BSN) grant guidelines, grant application forms, and grant report forms.
- Greensboro Housing Coalition (Advocating locally for fair, affordable, & safe housing.)
- The Guilford Nonprofit Consortium
- Guilford County Agricultural Extension Service
- Greensboro Neighborhood Congress Goals, Values, & Strategies — adopted August 2017
Other National Resources